Thursday, November 29, 2012

Introducing Author Rhachelle Nicol’ of Sunday Mourning

Introducing Author  Rhachelle Nicol’ of Sunday Mourning

Describe yourself for our visitors.

I am a mother, author, writer and creative.  I think my writing has been the tool navigating me along this journey we call life.  It has become an outlet to reflect, refocus, find clarity and plan. 

How do you find time to connect with God?

Writing is one way in which I connect with God.  I spend a lot of time just being still and quiet and it is usually in those moments that I am inspired to write.  I also love gospel music and prayer is a must.

Who are your favorite authors? Favorite books?  One of my favorite authors is Iyanla Vanzant.  One of her books that have stayed with me down through the years is “Yesterday I Cried”.  I read that book over 12 years ago and it also inspired me writing “Sunday Mourning”.  Nowadays I spend a lot of time  reading non-fiction business type books so I can’t say who my favorite author is in that arena. lol

Tell us about your journey to publication.

I had completed “Sunday Mourning” almost a year or so prior to publishing.  I had done enough research and made the decision to self-publish but I was reluctant to move forward.  I had printed off my manuscript and my sister ended up getting a hold of it without me knowing.  To make a long story short, she stayed up all night reading it and her first words to me when she spoke to me were, “when are you writing the next one”.  I think that was motivation enough for move to push through the fear of it and just do it.

Tell us about your current book?

“Sunday Mourning” takes you on a journey of my life.  It starts off with me going through the most unimaginable event in my life.  I then begin to reflect over my life to make sense on how I had arrived there.  From the outside looking in, I came from the perfect family but there were skeletons that had kept not only myself but also my mother from healing.  So the hurt was being passed on from generation to generation.  “Sunday Mourning” truly woke me up to discovering a brand new life full of purpose, peace and joy.

What valuable lessons do you want readers to learn from your book?

I want readers to understand the importance of forgiveness.  We live, we learn, we grow and forgiveness it what allows us to do just that, otherwise we become bitter and stagnant.

What’s next for you?

Well I am currently writing for a newspaper and I am working on developing my own platform for Christian authors, musicians, artist, etc.  So I will be transitioning more into PR, Branding and Marketing.  I may also squeeze in another book and more RN Brand tees are definitely coming.

Where can visitors find you online?

I blog: www.rhachellenicol.com

I tweet: @rhachellenicol

And I update my status on Facebook: www.facebook.com/authorrhachellenicol

Or shop RN Brand Tees: www.rnbranddesign.bigcartel.com

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment